Announcements and Important Events
1. NCAA DI/DII Initial-Eligibility academic requirements are different than the graduation requirements
for Richwoods High School.
2. Not all courses offered at Richwoods High School are accepted by the NCAA as core courses for the
purpose of meeting the NCAA’s credit and GPA requirements.
3. An NCAA core course GPA is not the same as the cumulative GPA on the report card and is often lower.
4. The minimum NCAA core GPA requirements are more rigorous than graduation requirements. In
addition, the lower your NCAA core GPA, the higher your SAT/ACT scores must be.
5. Students interested in playing athletics at the collegiate level should begin tracking their NCAA core
course GPA their freshman year. All semesters count towards meeting the NCAA’s academic
requirements and it is not uncommon for 33% of core courses to be completed during freshman year.
6. Counselors and coaches do not track student-athletes for NCAA Initial-Eligibility.
7. Richwoods High School provides all student-athletes with access to a free account with
CoreCourseGPA.com to assist them in tracking their NCAA Initial-Eligibility progress.
OR, Go to www.CoreCourseGPA.com. Click on “Free New Member Account”
in the upper left corner. Enter School ID 143452 and School Code 765909031